MDHHS continues Flint food giveaway in February; Department distributes vitamin-rich food
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 31, 2020
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Families can get nutritious food to help limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for February at locations throughout Flint.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Potatoes and apples are among the produce available in February.
February dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, Feb. 3, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 10, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 17, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 24, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, Feb. 4, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, Feb. 6, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 20, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 27, at 10 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Saturday, Feb. 8, at 9 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, Feb. 21, at 10 a.m.
- St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 3020 Dupont St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 26, at noon.
- First United Church, 1116 W. Hill Road.
- Saturday, Feb. 29, at 10 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The three help center locations now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. In February they will have ground turkey and ground beef.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #