MDHHS, Food Bank continue Flint mobile pantries during July
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 25, 2021
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton, 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) will continue to provide nutritious food by the truckload to Flint residents throughout July.
MDHHS has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint. July's mobile food pantry distribution will have plenty of delicious, vitamin-rich produce and proteins, including watermelon, sweet corn, cabbage, zucchini, cucumbers, ground turkey and cheese.
July dates for distributions are:
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, July 1, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 8, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 15, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 22, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 29, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, July 6, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 13, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 20, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 27, at 10 a.m.
- American Muslim Community Services, 4800 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, July 10, at 9 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, July 12, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 19, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 26, at 10 a.m.
- End Times, 4002 S. Dort Hwy.
- Monday, July 12, at 11 a.m.
- Monday, July 19, at 11 a.m.
- Monday, July 26, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Information about additional food distributions will be announced as they are scheduled. To check food distribution schedules, visit the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan website at FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #