HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care Funding AnnouncedContact: Beth Perrine (517) 241-2112Agency: Community Health
June 11, 2004
Fifteen organizations have been awarded HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care funding for the next three years from the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH).
“I am pleased to award these funds to assist Michigan’s citizens that are living with HIV/AIDS,” said Janet Olszewski, MDCH Director. “Providing Continuum of Care funding to these organizations and entities means that life-enhancing services and supports will reach citizens living with HIV/AIDS throughout the state.”
Some of the services and supports provided by the Continuum of Care funds include case management, primary care, outreach, mental health and psychosocial support, client advocacy, emergency financial assistance, food and nutritional services, and transportation.
These HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care grants are largely supported by federally designated Ryan White Title II funds. The funds will be awarded for a three-year period beginning October 1, 2004.
Listed below are the 2004 HIV/AIDS Continuum of Care recipients and the amount of funds awarded.
- Bay Area Social Intervention Services (BASIS) - $227,000
- Community AIDS Resource and Education Services (CARES) - $500,000
- District Health Department #10 - $75,000
- Grand Rapids Area Center for Ecumenism (GRACE) – $28,000
- Hackley Hospital - $180,000
- Spectrum Health - $28,000
- HIV/AIDS Network and Direct Services (HANDS) - $41,000
- HIV/AIDS Resource Center (HARC) - $295,000
- Health Delivery, Inc. - $110,000
- Marquette County Health Department - $165,000
- St. Mary's McAuley Health Center - $307,000
- Thomas Judd Care Center/Munson Medical Center - $220,000
- Wellness AIDS Services, Inc. – $303,000
- Westminster Presbyterian Church - $21,000
- Lansing Area AIDS Network - $328,000