The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing all activities related to department's Equal Employment Opportunity efforts.
The major areas covered are:
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Title I-Reasonable Accommodations
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Title II/ Section 504- Programs and Services Accessibility
- Internal Discriminatory Harassment Complaints
- U.S. EEOC and Michigan Department of Civil Rights complaints filed against MDHHS
- ADA and Discriminatory Harassment Training
It is the policy of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to pursue equal opportunity regardless of age, color, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, national origin, partisan consideration, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation as defined by federal and state laws and regulations in our relations with employees, clients, contractors and vendors.
To File a Complaint
Complaints may be filed with the EEO Officer regarding discrimination and discriminatory harassment. If you want to file a complaint, the EEO Officer will conduct a detailed interview to decide whether your situation meets the Department of Health and Human Service's policy requirements.
You will be asked many questions, and your ability to provide the answers will make the process much easier. Complaints are filed using the MDHHS-5519 form. Please have the following information available:
- Names and locations of persons involved or descriptions if you do not know the names.
- Date(s) of any incident(s) you want to protest.
- Names, locations and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the incident(s).
- Copies of any documents related to the incident(s).
- The status of a grievance, if you have filed one.
- Information about any other actions you have taken regarding the cited incident(s).
- Additional information may be requested, depending upon your particular situation.
- If a formal complaint is filed, you will be asked to sign the complaint.
Documents & Links
ADA Title II/Section 504 Complaint Process for Public Assistance and Social Services
U.S. Department of Justice-Civil Rights Division
MDHHS Discriminatory Harassment Policy
MDHHS-5519, Discriminatory Harassment Complaint Report
Michigan Department of Civil Rights
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Office
For additional information contact:
320 S. Walnut St.
Lansing, MI. 48913