Other Disability Resources
- The Development of Disability Policy and the National Rehabilitation System - 1636 to 1900
- Important Events in the Development of Disability Policy and the National Rehabilitation System - 1901 to 1950
- Important Events in the Development of Disability Policy and the National Rehabilitation System - 1951 to 1990
- Important Events in the Development of Disability Policy and the National Rehabilitation system - 1991- 1999
- Important Events in the Development of Disability Policy and the National Rehabilitation system - 2000 to present
Centers for Independent Living
- Michigan Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) is an organization of individuals who represent the interests of people with disabilities across Michigan. Council members are appointed by the Governor, and a majority must be people with disabilities.
- Disability Network/Michigan (Centers for Independent Living), contact information and websites
- Braille and Talking Book Library
- Bureau of Services for Blind Persons provides opportunities to blind individuals to achieve employability and/or function independently in society.
- Client Assistance Program
- Department of Health and Human Services helps with developmental disabilities, mental illness, serious emotional disturbance and substance disorders. They also help with health care coverage to help working people get healthy - at a cost that works in your budget.
- Great Lakes ADA Center increases awareness and knowledge with the ultimate goal of achieving voluntary compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- MARO members provide employment and rehabilitation training to thousands of people with barriers. MARO members also manufacture products for, and provide industrial services to, hundreds of Michigan companies.
- Michigan Commission on Disability Concerns, which includes the Division on Deaf and Hard of Hearing, responds to and advocates on behalf of Michigan's 1.9 million people with disabilities.
- Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services
- Michigan Disability Resource Directory
- Michigan Employment Loan Fund - the mission is to reduce or eliminate barriers to employment through low-interest loans
- Michigan School for Deaf & Blind
- Michigan Works! Service Centers
- National Council on Disability