How do you see your future? Does it include a meaningful job or career? With employment you can:
- Gain independence.
- Improve your quality of life.
- Be successful.
- Contribute to your community.
- Build self-esteem.
Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) can assist and empower you in reaching your employment and life goals.
The world of work is an ever-changing, dynamic and exciting place. It’s an adventure to explore new places and ideas! MRS can help you:
- Discover your interests and talents.
- Learn about different jobs.
- Identify emerging jobs.
- Job shadow.
- Participate in on-the-job training.
- Explore vocational programs at a technical/business school, or college.
- Broaden employment options through assistive technology and other accommodations.
- Determine your employment goal.
To help you reach your job goal, MRS uses a map called an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE). With support from your counselor you will identify supports and services that are necessary for you to be successful.
Examples of what may be contained in your IPE are:
- Participating in job training.
- Preparing a resume and cover letter.
- Learning interview techniques
You may be eligible for MRS services if you answer “yes” to these questions:
- Would you like to work?
- Do you have a disability? Some examples are learning disabilities, emotional challenges, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, etc.
- Does your disability create barriers in learning or working at a job?
- Do you want to learn more about services available from MRS to help you be successful at a job or career?
Let's get started!
Talk to your teacher or school counselor if you are interested in learning more about MRS.
MRS offices are located throughout the state. Click here to find an office near you.
You may also call 1-800-605-6722 (toll free, voice).*
*TTY users may contact MRS by dialing 711 and providing the relay operator with the toll free number.