Informed Consent Confirmation Form
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
In order to comply with Public Act 345 of 2000 (PA 345), you must print this page and present it to the physician or other qualified person assisting the physician.
This is the only way to legally verify you have reviewed the state approved information through this website.
I, _____________________________, voluntarily and willfully hereby authorize Dr. __________________ ("the physician") and any assistant designated by the physician to perform upon me the following operation(s) or procedure(s):
(Name of operation(s) or procedure(s))
A. I understand that I am approximately _____ weeks pregnant. I consent to an abortion procedure to terminate my pregnancy. I understand that I have the right to withdraw my consent to the abortion procedure at any time before performance of that procedure.
B. I understand that it is illegal for anyone to coerce me into seeking an abortion. I have reviewed and understand the prescreening summary for coercion to abort.
C. I acknowledge that at least 24 hours before the scheduled abortion I have received a physical copy of each of the following:
- A medically accurate depiction, illustration, or photograph of a fetus at the probable gestational age of the fetus I am carrying.
- A written description of the medical procedure that will be used to perform the abortion.
- A prenatal care and parenting information pamphlet.
D. If any of the documents listed in paragraph C were transmitted by facsimile, I certify that the documents were clear and legible.
E. I acknowledge that the physician who will perform the abortion has orally described all of the following to me:
- The specific risk to me, if any, of the complications that have been associated with the procedure I am scheduled to undergo.
- The specific risk to me, if any, of the complications if I choose to continue the pregnancy.
F. I acknowledge that I have received all of the following information:
- Information about what to do and whom to contact in the event that complications arise from the abortion.
- Information pertaining to available pregnancy related services.
G. I have been given an opportunity to ask questions about the operation(s) or procedure(s).
H. I certify that I have not been required to make any payments for an abortion or any medical service before the expiration of 24 hours after I received the written materials listed in paragraph C, or 24 hours after the time and date listed on the confirmation form if the information described in paragraph C was viewed from the state of Michigan internet website.
Utilizing this form, an abortion cannot take place prior to 24 hours following the receipt/printing of this Form at 12:45:03 AM Eas.
To verify compliance with the 24-hour notification requirement of PA 345, this form shall be presented to the physician or a person assisting the physician and made part of the patient's medical record.
This specific form is valid only through 14 Days following the receipt/printing of this Form .
I certify that I have reviewed the web site information on Date and Time of viewing the web site information. Wednesday, October 16, 2019