Hereditary Cancer Toolkit
Below are no-cost resources for clinical use and professional development in cancer genomics:
- Updated MDHHS Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment Tool - Coming soon!
- 4 Steps to Making Appropriate Referrals for Cancer Genetic Risk Assessment and Counseling
- NIH Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool
- USPSTF Recommendations for BRCA-Related Cancer
- EGAPP Guidelines for colorectal cancer patients
- NCCN Guidelines for HBOC
- NCCN Guidelines for Lynch syndrome
Genetic Counseling, Testing and Referral
- Directory of Cancer Genetics Clinics in Michigan
- Genetic Counseling and Testing Guidelines - a summary of national recommendations related to clinical practice in cancer genomics
- Position Paper on Genetic Counseling and Testing from MCGA/MCC
Health Plan Policy
- Information for Insurers and Health Plan Administrators - a guide for navigating cancer genomics policies
Cancer Genomics Education
- Video: Genetics 101 - an introduction to cancer genomics, hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (HBOC) and Lynch syndrome
- Video: Genetic Testing Guidelines and Resources - a recorded workshop for health care professionals
- Free CME Module - "Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC)"
HBOC and Lynch Syndrome
- CDC’s Bring your Brave: Provider Education
- HBOC Gene Reviews
- Lynch Syndrome Gene Reviews
- Lynch Syndrome Screening Network (LSSN)
- Informed Consent for Genetic Testing: Patient Education and Consent Form
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008
- FORCE/NSGC Resource on GINA
- Cascade Genetic Screening and Public Health Practice Youtube video
- Talking about BRCA in your Family Tree: A Patient Resource
- Cascade Genetic Screening: Improving Hereditary Cancer Risk Reduction
- Talking to Family About Lynch Syndrome Brochure
Patient Resources- For patient resources, please see our webpages for patients!
State and National Resources
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Michigan Genetics Resource Center
- Michigan Cancer Consortium
- Michigan Cancer Genomics Epidemiology
If you have questions, call the MDHHS Genetic Information Line at 1-866-852-1247 or email email@example.com. For cancer genetic counseling and testing services in your area, visit the Directory of Clinical Cancer Genetic Services in Michigan.
Funding for this program was made possible (in part) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The views expressed in written materials, publications, or webpages do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
Last updated: 8/14/2019