Making Payments

Send child support payments to the centralized Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MiSDU). MiSDU will process the payments and send it to the custodial parent or the state if the custodial parent receives public assistance.

You can submit your payment with a credit card online through or by phone through the Friend of the Court Interactive Voice Response System, 1-877-543-2660. Or, you can mail a check to:

Michigan State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 30351
Lansing, Michigan 48909-7851

You can also submit your payment conveniently with cash through PayNearMe and MoneyGram at a retail store near you nationwide. Learn more at

Receiving Payments

Child support payments are received through: 

  • Direct deposit into a personal checking or savings account; or
  • Direct deposit to a child support debit card.

Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about receiving child support payments electronically.