- Important updates for anyone receiving payments from the State of Michigan. Please read carefully.
Payments made to foster care parents, private providers, adoptive parents, and service providers will be processed a new system called SIGMA (Statewide Integrated Governmental Management Applications) beginning October 3, 2017.
Post-Adoption Parent Resources
Adoption Assistance Payments
Adoption Assistance is paid monthly. Allow normal mailing time after the payment date and wait at least five days after the tentative payment date to report that you did not receive your check. EFT payments post to your account one day after the issue date listed in the schedule.
2018 Tentative Payment Dates
December 7, 2017
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Sign up for EFT to allow the state to deposit funds directly into your bank account. Reasons you may want to use EFT include:
- EFT payments are safer than checks. No need not worry about your state payments being lost or stolen when receiving an EFT.
- Problems with EFT payments can be resolved in as little as twenty-four (24) hours, compared to an average of two weeks for paper checks.
- EFT payments are easier than checks. Once you sign up for EFT, you don't have to go to your bank to use or access funds.
Sign up through the State of Michigan SIGMA Vendor Self Service (VSS). If you need help with this process, view the registration tutorial. You can also download the Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit) Authorization for Vendor Payments form online
If you have problems with online enrollment, call 888-734-9749 for assistance. If you move, be sure to update your address online and with the Adoption and Guardianship Assistance office.
Change of Address
Address changes must be submitted in writing. Be sure to include:
- Parent's name
- Phone Number
- Child's Name
- Child's Date of Birth
- Complete Old Address
- Complete New Address
- Effective Date of New Address
- Parent's Signature
If you do not use EFT for your subsidy payments, be sure to submit this information as soon as possible to avoid a delayed check payment.
Mail the information to:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Adoption and Guardianship Assistance Office, Suite 612
P.O. Box 30037
Lansing, MI 48909