The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
School Immunization Data
Vaccination requirements for school entry are implemented to maintain high vaccination coverage and protect schoolchildren from vaccine-preventable diseases. Before a child can attend kindergarten, seventh grade, childcare or enroll in a new school district in Michigan, parents or guardians are required to produce documentation that confirms their child has either received the school-required immunizations or has received at least one dose of each of the required immunizations and is awaiting receipt of subsequent doses to be administered at appropriate intervals. Parents can also provide documentation that an immunization requirement has been waived for religious, medical, or other (sometimes referred to as philosophical) reasons. High waiver rates and low vaccination coverage leave children vulnerable to vaccine-preventable diseases.
Below are summary reports by school building or childcare site that measure compliance with immunization requirements among children enrolled in kindergarten, seventh grade, childcare and new entrants to the school district. The reports do not include schools with less than 10 students. If you have questions on these reports please contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Immunization at 517-335-8159.
- Overall Summary of the Immunization Status of Michigan's Students
- Kindergarten Immunization Status by Building, 2020
- Seventh Grade Immunization Status by Building, 2020
- New Entrants Immunization Status by Building, 2020
- Childcare Immunization Status by Building, 2020
The following maps show how the percent of immunization waivers and select immunization coverage measures vary across the state:
- Kindergarten Immunization Waivers by County
- Seventh Grade Immunization Waivers by County
- New Entrant to a School District Immunization Waivers by County
- Overall Immunization Waivers by County