The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines Currently Authorized in the United States
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices' Interim Recommendation for Use of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Key Points (as of 10/26/21)
Standing Orders & Screening Checklist
CDC & Manufacturer Resources
- CDC Moderna-specific materials
- Storage & handling, temperature logs, preparation and administration, transport guidance, BUD guidance and more!
- Moderna healthcare professionals education website
Storage & Handling
- CDC Storage and Handling Toolkit Addendum
- Storage & Handling Summary (CDC)
- Transporting Moderna Vaccine (CDC)
Preparation & Administration
- Moderna Expiration Date Lookup
- The expiration date is NOT printed on the vaccine vial or carton. To determine the expiration date:
- Scan the QR code located on the outer carton, or
- Utilize the website above
- Always check the expiration date prior to preparing or administering vaccine. Expired vaccine or diluent should NEVER be used. As additional stability data become available, expiration dates for some products may change.
- In the MCIR Outbreak Inventory, a "placeholder" expiration date of 12/31/2069 is utilized (as provided by CDC). This placeholder date is intended to serve as a prompt for the provider to check the latest expiry information on the manufacturer's website.
EUI Fact Sheets
The Emergency Use Instructions (EUI) fact sheets are for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. These EUIs provide information about emergency use of FDA-approved medical products that may not be included in or differ in some way from the information provided in the FDA-approved labeling.
This Fact Sheet describes Emergency Use Instructions that have been issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide information about the primary, additional, and booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by Moderna, including longer interval between primary doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by Moderna, use in certain individuals who received primary vaccination with certain COVID-19 vaccines not FDA-authorized or approved for such use and in immunocompromised individuals who received one primary dose of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine.
Important: Obtain EUI Fact Sheet for Recipients from our link below and begin providing these to each vaccine recipient/caregiver who is receiving a primary, additional, and/or booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by Moderna as described in the EUI. This version includes the information statement about MCIR (as indicated in Michigan VISs). Per state law, patients/parents must be informed about MCIR.
- EUI Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers UPDATED 6/24/22
- EUI Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers -UPDATED 6/24/22
- Spanish - UPDATED 5/20/22
- EUI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Questions about EUIs? See our email correspondence for details.
EUA Fact Sheets
EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Professionals
- 6 Months Through 5 Years of Age (Magenta Border) - UPDATED 6/17/22
- 6 Years Through 11 Years of Age (Teal & Purple Border) - UPDATED 6/17/22
- 12 Years and Older and Booster Doses for 18 Years and Older (Light Blue Border) - UPDATED 6/17/22
- 18 Years and Older Booster Dose Presentation Only (Purple Border) - UPDATED 6/17/22
EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients
Important: Print and provide the above EUA Fact Sheet to each COVID-19 vaccine recipient/caregivers in Michigan.
This version includes the information statement about the MCIR (as indicated in Michigan VISs). Per state law, patients parents must be informed about MCIR.
- 6 Months Through 5 Years of Age (Magenta Border) UPDATED 6/17/22
- 6 Years Through 11 Years of Age (Teal & Purple Border) UPDATED 6/17/22
- 12 Years and Older (Black Border) UPDATED 6/17/22
Translations of Fact Sheet
- Burmese UPDATED 1/7/22
- Chinese UPDATED 1/31/22
- Dari UPDATED 1/7/22
- Japanese UPDATED 1/7/22
- Korean UPDATED 1/31/22
- Spanish UPDATED 1/31/22