The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Information for Medical Providers
- Healthcare Professionals Memo: Abbott Recall 2-23-22
- Healthcare Professionals Memo: Hypoallergenic and Specialty Formulas 4-26-22
- Similac PM 60/40 Information
- Updated 6/3/22: See the temporary choices for powder formula list, including hypoallergenic and premature formulas.
- North American Society For Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition (NASPGHAN) Tools for Infants and Children Affected by Formula Shortages
Medical providers: What you need to know about medical documentation required to request WIC Special Formulas/Foods
- WIC Anthropometric and Laboratory Information Request form
- List of Authorized WIC Formulas (Effective 8/4/22)
- WIC Qualifying Medical Conditions
- Medical Documentation Form for medical providers authorized to write prescriptions:
The current Michigan WIC infant formula manufacturer contract with Abbott Nutrition is effective November 1, 2021 through October 31, 2026.