The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Healthcare Provider and Community Partner Questions
What steps should providers take?
In preparation for the end of the federal PHE, we encourage providers to take the following steps:
- Review the Medicaid policy bulletin and L letter webpages to see which policies or L letters may impact your provider type.
- Verify beneficiary eligibility prior to services. Providers can visit the Eligibility and Enrollment webpage for step-by-step instructions.
- Remind beneficiaries to verify or update their contact information, or report any changes, online through MI Bridges. They can also call their local MDHHS office for help. Local office information can be found on MDHHS County Office webpage.
- Remind beneficiaries to open mail from MDHHS, and complete and return renewal documents.
Providers may e-mail ProviderSupport@michigan.gov with questions.
What steps can community partners take now?
In preparation for the end of the federal PHE, we encourage community partners to take the following steps:
- Help beneficiaries verify or update their contact information in MI Bridges. They can also contact their local MDHHS office. Visit the MDHHS County Office webpage to find local office information.
- Remind beneficiaries to look and open mail from MDHHS, and complete and return renewal documents.
- Learn about becoming a MI Bridges Community Partner.
What will happen to policies that will end or change as part of the PHE?Policies that will change or end a COVID-19 Response policy will be fully promulgated, which includes a 35-day public comment period and issuance of a final bulletin at least 30 days before the effective date of the policy change. Beneficiaries will be provided with timely and adequate notice of the ending or reduction of any COVID-19 Response service or process.
Where is MDHHS housing messages and materials to ensure we are staying consistent in what we are telling beneficiaries?We encourage providers and community partners to visit this website regularly. Resources will be added to the website as they are finalized.
Is there a place for providers or community partners to look up eligibility renewal dates to prepare in helping beneficiaries complete their eligibility renewal packet?
Providers can view the renewal date within the CHAMPS eligibility response. Renewal dates will be shown if the beneficiary has one of the following benefit plans for the date of service:
How can our office stay up to date to ensure we aren't missing policy changes?
How can we educate beneficiaries on what might change as part of the PHE ending?MDHHS is producing a stakeholder toolkit to support our partners in communicating with beneficiaries about the PHE end and the resumption of normal Medicaid renewal and redetermination activities. As materials are finalized, they will be published online at: www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/end-phe/stakeholder-toolkit.