The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Safe Sleep Communications Toolkit
This e-toolkit provides a variety of resources that you can use to promote infant safe sleep on your organization's social media platform, website, email messages and more.
Before you start promoting safe sleep, know the guidelines that keep babies safe during sleep:
- Place baby on back, in a crib, bassinet or pack n' play for every sleep time - nap time and night time.
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Keep baby's sleep space clutter free - no pillows, blankets or toys.
- Avoid covering baby's head or overheating. Instead of a blanket, consider using a sleep sack, wearable blanket or footed sleeper to keep baby warm.
- Remind everyone who cares for baby, including babysitters and family members, how to keep baby safe while sleeping.
- Keep baby in a smoke-free environment.
- Support breastfeeding and immunizations.
Learn more about the safe sleep guidelines and why they are recommended to keep babies safe. You can also check out the frequently asked questions and review other campaign tips. If you have any questions about infant safe sleep or how to use this e-toolkit, please contact the Infant Safe Sleep Program at MDHHS-InfantSafeSleep@michigan.gov.