Local Safety Initiative
- What is the Local Safety Initiative? Through its Local Safety Initiative (LSI), MDOT helps local agencies analyze their crash data, and then suggests countermeasures.
LSI is a free, voluntary program that emphasizes low cost fixes to improve the safety of local roads.
Michigan's safety commitment
- Toward Zero Deaths
- What is Toward Zero Deaths?
- What are Road Safety Audits?
- What are Local Road Safety Plans?
- Traffic Safety Engineering Action Plan This plan outlines strategies aimed at reducing the number and severity of intersection and lane departure-related crashes in Michigan. It details specific goals we have set for reducing these crashes and others with engineering improvements by 2016.
Partners and resources
- Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
- RoadSoft RoadSoft is a roadway management system developed for Michigan's local agency engineers and managers to use in analyzing and reporting roadway inventory, safety, and condition data. It is available free of charge to all Michigan state and local agencies.
- Roadway Safety Resources
Click the box next to "Safety Programs" and then click the box next to "Safety Guides" to find downloadable versions of roadway safety resources.