NAIAS 2020 Michigan Mobility Challenge
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's office, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), and the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s (MEDC) PlanetM program have issued a request for proposals to demonstrate the potential of connected and automated vehicles to transform how visitors and residents will move during the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in June 2020. In concert with 2020 NAIAS activities, this challenge will spotlight what Michigan offers for the future of automotive technology and reiterate NAIAS’s role as a global platform for new transportation reveals.
The NAIAS 2020 Michigan Mobility Challenge will call upon industry innovators to propose new and dynamic technology deployments that embody how automated and connected vehicle technology can transform how we live, work and play. The demonstration will provide automated transportation for NAIAS attendees to and from Detroit Metro Airport and places of interest in downtown Detroit all brought together through a seamless user-experience app.
On June 17, MEDC and MDOT hosted over 100 companies that included 145 people from three countries and 10 states. The purpose of the workshop was to inform automated vehicle (AV) providers about Michigan’s robust mobility ecosystem and the details of the request for proposal (RFP) that will provide AV solutions during the North American International Auto Show in June 2020.
Note: Participation in the workshop is mandatory. If you were unable to attend the June workshop, you are required to view the workshop video.
- Mobility Challenge Workshop Presentation
- Operational Domain 2: Downtown Circulator
- Operational Domain 1: Airport to Downtown Route 1
- Operational Domain 1: Airport to Downtown Route 2
Connect Space is a platform that allows companies to easily connect with each other. In order for Connect Space to function most efficiently, all workshop attendees are encouraged to sign up.
Sign up for an account and start creating opportunities today.
- NAIAS 2020 Michigan Mobility Challenge RFP
- Mobility Challenge Questions & Answers
- Mobility Challenge Questions & Answers - 2
- Mobility Challenge Questions & Answers - 3
- Consultant/Vendor Selection Guidelines
- Vendor/Consultant Information
- Potential Routes Between Airport and Downtown Map
- Michigan's Mobility Leadership to be on display at NAIAS 2020