Office of Passenger Transportation
Mission: Providing Michigan citizens with the best passenger transportation services through quality customer assistance - We Move People.
The Office of Passenger Transportation (OPT) administers MDOT's passenger transportation programs, including local transit, intercity bus, and for-hire passenger regulation, to provide a safe and balanced statewide network of passenger transportation services to meet the social, safety, and economic well-being of the state.
OPT, in cooperation with local and regional transit agencies, authorities, and companies, is responsible for the development and management of operating, capital and technical assistance programs and projects, for purposes of providing coordinated local public transit, marine passenger, and intercity bus transportation services and facilities statewide. OPT is also responsible for the regulation of intercity buses and limousines.
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Call 517-335-1692.OPT welcomes your feedback.
- Office of Passenger Transportation Contacts
- Program Administration Section
- Transportation Services Section
- Bay Area Transportation Authority Launched On-Demand NEMT Website
- First Automated Bus Performance Specification Completed
- MTA and The Rapid Won 2nd and 3rd Place in National Aging and Disability Transportation Center's 2020 Photo Contest
- COVID-19 News and Updates
- Michigan Receives Fiscal Year 2020 Bus and Bus Facilities Program Funds
- MDOT Receives Fiscal Year 2020 Low or No-Emission (Low-No) Bus Program Funds