How do I report a railroad crossing signal activation problem?

To report a signal activation problem (lights flashing no train, gates down no train), please refer to the 1-800-NUMBER posted on the crossing warning device or contact the local police department. It is very important that callers properly identify the crossing involved, and if possible, provide the national crossing inventory number posted at the crossing to the dispatcher.