Can a consultant/contractor submit applications on behalf of the property/facility/sign owner?

Yes. There are two methods:

1. If you are a contractor/consultant you should have created a business profile in the MDOT Permit Gateway (MPG) and selected "contractor/consultant" when entering the Construction Permit System (CPS) for the first time. Your information will then appear in the consultant/contractor contact area of the application. The owner's information shall be entered as the applicant.

2. Contractors/consultants may be delegated authority within MPG from the owner. See Delegating a Business in MPG at: (FAQ section) When the contractor/consultant enters an application in CPS on behalf of the owner, the owner shall remain as the applicant.