Michigan State Rail Plan
Where is rail transportation headed in Michigan? What role does rail freight play in our state's economy? When and how will high speed rail become a viable option for passenger travel in our Great Lakes State?
These and other questions are addressed in the Michigan State Rail Plan. MDOT developed the comprehensive plan to set forth state policy involving freight and passenger rail transportation, including commuter rail operations. It presents priorities and strategies to enhance or preserve rail service that benefits the public, and serves as the basis for future federal and state rail investments in Michigan.
Submit Your Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Karnes, State Rail Plan Project Manager
- State Rail Plan
- State Rail Plan Overview
- State Rail Plan Executive Summary
- State Rail Plan Brochure
- Technical Memorandum #1 - Rail Plan Goals and Objectives
- Technical Memorandum #2 Version 2.0 - Existing Conditions
- Technical Memorandum #3 - List of Projects
- Technical Memorandum #4 - Institutional Considerations
- Technical Memorandum #5 - Public Outreach
- Public Meeting Display Boards
- Presentation to State Transportation Commission