Canadian currency toll rates at the Blue Water Bridge decrease beginning April 1Contact: Jocelyn Hall, MDOT Office of Communications
- MDOT previously announced a currency parity policy effective April 1, 2016, for the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.
- The Canadian rate for eastbound traffic will be reviewed and adjusted April 1 and Oct. 1 of each year.
- The rate adjustments are rounded to the nearest $0.25 and calculated based on the prior six-month average daily exchange rates between U.S. and Canadian currencies.
March 6, 2018 -- In accordance with the Blue Water Bridge parity rate adjustment policy, toll rates paid in Canadian currency (CAD) will decrease by $0.25. Based on the current average daily exchange rate, the toll rates below will be in effect April 1 through Sept. 30, 2018:
- Passenger vehicle tolls will decrease to $3.75 (CAD) per trip.
- Extra axles will decrease to $3.75 (CAD) per trip.
- Trucks and buses per axle will decrease to $4 (CAD) per trip.