I-69 reconstruction from Ballenger Highway to Fenton Road in Genesee County starts March 12Contact: Jocelyn Hall, MDOT Office of Communications
Monday, March 12, 2018
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE:
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will invest $34 million to reconstruct 2 miles of I-69 from Ballenger Highway to Fenton Road. This work includes reconstruction of the roadway, as well as work on existing bridges and ramps. Westbound I-69 will be constructed with a new 30-year pavement design.
Project Map: goo.gl/5f1Uq4
Throughout much of the project, two lanes will be open in each direction. Multiple-lane and ramp closures are expected in the first week while staging efforts in the work zone are completed. All work listed below is weather dependent and subject to change:
Monday, March 12 - Tuesday, March 13:
- The northbound and southbound I-75 ramps to eastbound I-69 will be closed and detoured.
- Eastbound I-69 will have one lane open, while the Hammerberg Road ramp to eastbound I-69 will be closed through 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 13.
Friday, March 16 - Saturday, March 17:
- Westbound I-69 will have one lane open.
- The westbound I-69 exit ramps to I-75 and Saginaw Street (West 8th Street) will be closed through 5 p.m. Saturday, March 17; the exit ramp to Hammerberg Road will be closed through July.
- By 5 p.m. Saturday, March 17, all westbound traffic is expected to be shifted to the eastbound roadway; westbound I-69 reconstruction will begin.