I-75/M-46 lane and ramp closures for soil borings in Saginaw County start Oct. 7Contact: Jocelyn Hall, MDOT Office of Communications, 989-245-7117, HallJ20@Michigan.gov Agency: Transportation
ESTIMATED STARTING DATE:
Monday, Oct. 7, 2019
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE:
Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019
The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will collect soil borings along I-75 from M-46 to I-675 and at the I-75/M-46 interchange. This work is being completed ahead of the 2020 construction season when plans to reconstruct the I-75/M-46 interchange will begin.
This work will require single-lane closures on I-75 and M-46, along with ramp closures, between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. each day. This work is weather dependent.
Monday, Oct. 7:
- Expect a single-lane closure on northbound I-75 from Hess Road to I-675.
- The northbound I-75 ramp to westbound M-46 and the westbound M-46 ramp to northbound I-75 will be closed. Drivers should follow the posted detour.
Tuesday, Oct. 8:
- Expect a single-lane closure on southbound I-75 from I-675 to Hess Road.
- The westbound M-46 ramp to southbound I-75 will be closed. Drivers should follow the posted detour.
Wednesday, Oct. 9:
- Expect a single-lane closure in each direction on M-46 over I-75.
This work will accommodate necessary soil testing ahead of construction planned for 2020.