View the Document: Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)
Draft Environmental Impact Statement:
This Draft Environmental Impact Statement and Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation describe the social, economic, and natural environmental impacts associated with proposed improvements to intermodal freight terminals in Wayne and Oakland counties. This document includes a summary of the planning basis and of the impacts associated with the proposed project and the process involved in determining the preferred alternative. Proposed mitigation measures are also included.
The estimated cost of the proposed project ranges from $267 million (see Table 1-2) for the Improve/Expand Alternative to $583 million (see Table 4-17) for the Consolidate Alternative. Between 0 and 83 residential displacements and between 14 and 64 business displacements are anticipated. The estimate of direct wetlands effects is 0 to 0.08 acres.
Note: Downloading the various files above may each take several minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection. If you have difficulty, we recommend you view the DEIS, Executive Summary and reports in their entirety at any of the following review sites:
- Ferndale Public Library, 222 E. Nine Mile, Ferndale
- Henry Ford Centennial Library, 16301 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Detroit Public Library, 5201 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- Bowen Branch of the Detroit Public Library, 3648 W. Vernor, Detroit
- MDOT Detroit Transportation Service Center, 1400 Howard St., Detroit
- MDOT Oakland Transportation Service Center, 2300 Dixie Hwy., Waterford
- MDOT Region Office, 18101 W. Nine Mile Rd., Southfield
- MDOT Bureau of Transportation Planning, 425 Ottawa St., Lansing