Facility Crossing at Local Road Intersection

Applications may be received for a private utility facility to cross a State highway Right-of-Way at an intersection with a roadway under the jurisdiction of a local governmental agency, when the private utility facility parallels that roadway.
Applicants must submit an individual permit application package through the Construction Permit System (CPS).

If applicant is not a public utility or governmental agency and the activity is a private utility facility installation, applicants must attach a Special Conditions for Private Utility-Type Facilities Transverse Crossings form (Form 2254).


For more information on the Construction Permit process, click here

All construction permit applications are submitted and purchased through the MDOT Permit Gateway available thru MiLogin online system.