Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Connector Routes
Only the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) or a local unit of government may request MDOT to authorize the operation of ORVs on a segment of state trunkline. ORV clubs and trail groups interested in establishing connector routes must work through a local unit of government.
All MDOT permit applications for ORV connector routes should be submitted through the MDOT Permit Gateway at www.Michigan.gov/MDOTMPG. MDNR and local units of government should refer to Instructions for Governmental Agencies, Schools and Colleges to set up your account.
Documents and Forms
- Process for Requesting ORV Connector Routes
- Guidelines for Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Connector Routes on State Trunkline Highways
- Form 3764A - Special Conditions for Authorized ORV Connector Routes on State Highways
- Form 2207F - Resolution to Request Authorization to Adopt an ORV Ordinance
- Form 3764B - Context Sensitive Solutions for Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Routes
- Form 2486 - Environmental Requirements for Activities within MDOT Right Of Way
- Example ORV Connector Route Aerial Photo Map