Construction Field Services
Mission Statement: Providing the highest quality integrated transportation services for economic benefit and improved quality of life.
Construction Field Services is responsible for the development and distribution of construction specifications, quality control/quality assurance programs, field consultation standards, and training in support of the regions' delivery of the annual program.
Additionally, the administration of the annual bridge and capital preventative maintenance programs are located in the division. This includes the statewide bridge inspection program and the maintenance and operation of both the bridge management and pavement management systems.
The division provides specialized engineering expertise to the regions and other divisions and maintains AASHTO-accredited testing laboratories for all types of highway materials. The division's Testing and Research Section conducts applied research, technical and forensic investigations, as well as administering an extensive contract research program with Michigan's universities.
Resources & Publications
- Approved Asphalt Binder Suppliers List
- Approved Emulsified Asphalt Suppliers List
- C&T Building History
- Construction Contract Inquiry
- Construction/Local Project Engineer Certifications
- Design SS/SP
- Dispute Review Board Interested Candidates
- Engineering Operations Committee Mtg Mins
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Geotechnical Documents
- Local Agency Program Construction
- Manuals, Guides, Advisories & Memos
- Mechanistic-Empirical (ME) Pavement Design
- New Materials & Qualified Products Evaluation
- Noise Abatement Program
- Pavement Ride Quality
- Previously Approved Special Provisions
- Research Newsletters
- Research Reports
- Specialized Test Vehicles
- Warranty Frequently Asked Questions