Michigan's 14 highway Welcome Centers serve more than 7.5 million travelers annually. Maintained and operated by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), they provide Pure Michigan travel and tourism information. Welcome Center staff are knowledgeable members of the hospitality industry who assist travelers and work with the state's tourism industry to promote destinations, events and activities in Michigan. Welcome Center contact names and telephone numbers appear below. Contact the Welcome Centers directly to discuss special promotions, giveaways, displays, and/or on-site events.
- Map of Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
- Adopt-A-Welcome Center Program Handbook - Printer Friendly
- Adopt a Welcome Center Program Handbook
- Adopt-A-Welcome Center Tourism groups throughout the state are encouraged to partner with their local Welcome Center as part of the new Adopt-A-Welcome Center program.
- Literature Display/Distribution
Michigan tourism-related businesses may distribute (upon receiving approval) travel-related brochures at all 14 Welcome Centers around the state or at specific Welcome Centers. For more information, please contact Todd Tolbert at the Michigan Department of Transportation at 517-719-3374.