Office of Passenger Transportation
Mission: Providing Michigan citizens with the best passenger transportation services through quality customer assistance - We Move People.
The Office of Passenger Transportation (OPT) administers MDOT's passenger transportation programs, including local transit, intercity bus, and for-hire passenger regulation, to provide a safe and balanced statewide network of passenger transportation services to meet the social, safety, and economic well-being of the state.
OPT, in cooperation with local and regional transit agencies, authorities, and companies, is responsible for the development and management of operating, capital and technical assistance programs and projects, for purposes of providing coordinated local public transit, marine passenger, and intercity bus transportation services and facilities statewide. OPT is also responsible for the regulation of intercity buses and limousines.
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Questions? Call 517-335-1692.OPT welcomes your feedback.
- Office of Passenger Transportation Contacts
- Program Administration Section
- Transportation Services Section
- Flint MTA Was Named the 2019 Outstanding Urban System of the Year by CTAA
- CWTA Received Certificate of Appreciation for WexExpress New Freedom Volunteer Driver Program
- OPT Dispatch Newsletter Volume 2 / Issue 2
- Charlevoix County Transit Received Eighth-Annual Top User of Propane Autogas Award
- Flint MTA and Consumers Energy Build Fueling Station that Dispenses Compressed Natural Gas