Is there a cost associated with obtaining a permit?

A permit fee is required for activities within State highway Right-of-Way unless you are a governmental agency working with in your corporate agency or work completed as related to an MDOT. The exact amount is determined by the "Type of Work" selected by you in the Construction Permit System (CPS). Application fees are non-refundable.