The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-196 Business Loop Rebuilding - Ottawa County
About this project
MDOT is investing approximately $17 million to rebuild 4.5 miles of eastbound and westbound I-196 Business Loop (BL) from US-31 in Holland to 88th Avenue in Zeeland. Work includes asphalt resurfacing, full-depth concrete joint repairs, new signs, traffic signal work, crosswalk safety improvements, and new guardrail.
- Eastbound I-196 BL will be closed and detoured from April to August.
- Westbound I-196 BL will close from August to November.
- Traffic will be detoured to 16th Street/Adams Street.
- Short-term closures will be in effect on side streets during intersection reconstruction.
- Access to businesses will be maintained at all times.