The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
I-69 Rebuilding Project - Calhoun and Eaton Counties
Start: September 2020 End: November 2023
What Is Being Done?
Phase 1: 2021
- Rebuild northbound and southbound I-69 from Ainger Road in Olivet to Island Highway in Charlotte, Eaton County.
- Rebuild interchange ramps at Cochran Road and M-50.
- Maintenance on the J Drive North, N Drive North, Garfield Road, Baseline Highway, Butterfield Highway, and Ainger Road bridges over I-69.
Phase 2: 2022
- Rebuild northbound I-69 from I-94 to north of Ainger Road.Rebuild interchange ramps within the project limits.
- Rebuild a portion of the I-94/I-69 interchange.
- Replace the 15 Mile Road bridge over I-94.
Phase 3: 2023
- Rebuild southbound I-69 from I-94 to north of Ainger Road.
- Rebuild interchange ramps within the project limits.
- Rebuild remaining portion of the I-94/I-69 interchange.
- Preventive maintenance on 26 bridges along the I-69 corridor will take place over all three phases of the project.
How Traffic Will Be Affected:
- During work, one lane will be open in each direction on I-69.
- Interchange ramps will remain open except for short durations for rebuilding.
- The 15 Mile Road bridge over I-94 will be closed and detoured while it is being rebuilt.
- Bridge closures will be required during preventive maintenance work.
I-69 Project Video
I-69 Corridor Public Meeting Presentation
Contract has been awarded to Michigan Paving and Materials.
Lansing Transportation Service Center at 517-335-3754
Marshall Transportation Service Center at 269-789-0560
I-69 Rebuilding Project E-mail Signup