The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
M-72/M-22 Rebuilding Project - Grand Traverse County
About this project
MDOT plans to rebuild a 2.2-mile section of M-72 (Grandview Parkway) from Division Street in Traverse City and M-22 (Bay Shore Drive) to Cherry Bend Road in Elmwood Township in 2025. The proposed rebuilding work will remove the concrete and composite (asphalt over concrete) pavements and restore the surface condition and ride quality to good condition; address drainage issues, including curb and gutter, storm sewer, culverts; replace sidewalks and nonmotorized paths; make sidewalk ramp upgrades to Americans with Disabilities Act standards; make operational enhancements at the M-72 /M-22 intersection; upgrade the traffic signal at Cherry Bend Road; and improve access management where possible.
Public Comments - June 14, 2022
- Summary: Public meeting comments
- Concept: Indirect left turns from M-72 using median crossover to M-22
- Concept: Construct roundabout & close Bay St access at M-72
- Concept: Maintain two-way access to Bay St from Grandview Parkway
- Concept: Maintain one-way access to Bay St from Grandview Parkway
- Concept: Construct roundabout & maintain Bay St access at M-72
- Overall corridor map