State Historical Records Advisory Board
The Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board, appointed by the governor, serves as a central advisory body for historical records planning and for National Historical Publications and Records Commission-funded projects in the state.
The board acts as a coordinating body to facilitate cooperation and communication among historical records repositories and information agencies within the state, and as a state-level review body for grant proposals that meet National Historical Publications and Records Commission grant program guidelines.
Advisory Board Members
- Jim Cameron, Social Studies Consultant, Michigan Department of Education, Lansing
- Cynthia Ghering, Director, Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections, East Lansing
- Dr. J. Kevin Graffagnino, Director, William L. Clements Library, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor
- Marian Matlyn, Clarke Historical Library, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
- Katheryn Kelly, Register of Deeds, Saginaw County, Saginaw
- Sandra S. Clark, Director, Michigan History Center, Lansing
- Mark Harvey, State Archivist, Michigan History Center, Lansing
- Michelle Davis, Board Secretary, Michigan History Center, Lansing
2019 Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held at the Michigan Library and Historical Center in the Commission Room (fifth floor, east wing) and begin at 10 a.m.
- April 11
- June 13
- September 19
- November 21
The Michigan Library and Historical Center is located at 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing. Visitor parking is on the north side of Kalamazoo Street, two blocks east of M. L. King Jr. Boulevard.