Michigan Historical Commission
The Michigan Historical Commission advises the director of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and approves Michigan Historical Markers. The governor appoints commission members to four-year terms.
Michigan Historical Commission Members
- Laura Rose Ashlee, Okemos
- Joseph Calvaruso, Galesburg
- Timothy Chester, Grand Rapids
- Brian James Egen, Monroe
- Delia M. Fernandez, Lansing
- Eric P. Hemenway, Harbor Springs
- Robin Terry, Rochester Hills
- Thomas Truscott, Lansing
- Larry J. Wagenaar, Ada
- Sandra S. Clark, Secretary, Director, Michigan History Center
2021 Michigan Historical Commission Meeting Schedule and Agendas
Unless noted, all meetings are held at the Michigan Library and Historical Center, begin at 10 a.m. and are open to the public. Meeting agendas will be posted here in PDF format as they become available. The Michigan Library and Historical Center is located at 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing. The building and visitor parking are on the north side of Kalamazoo Street, two blocks east of M. L. King Jr. Boulevard.
- February 11 - read the agenda; this meeting was held via teleconference
- April 29 - read the agenda; this meeting was held via teleconference
- June 10 - read the agenda
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, this meeting will be held in an online format with the opportunity for the public to view the meeting and participate online or by telephone via conference line. If you would like to participate in the online meeting or by telephone as an attendee and/or provide public comment, please send an email to Michelle Davis.
- September 9
- November 4
Programs and Initiatives