How can I protect myself and my household
- Do not put leaded items in your mouth (fishing sinkers, etc.).
- Wash your hands before eating or drinking.
- Avoid touching your face while working with lead materials.
- Change your clothes before going into your home.
- Take off your shoes before going into your home.
- Wash work clothes separately from other laundry.
- After washing lead-contaminated clothing and removing them from the machine, run the rinse cycle once before using the washing machine again.
- Work with lead in a well-ventilated area outside of the home.
- Follow lead-safe work practices at your job.