The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What are the eligibility requirements for the MI Future Educator Fellowship?
MI Future Educator Fellowship is a new program and the application is not open yet. Sign up to be the first to hear when the application becomes available.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have begun your first semester or term in the education program in the Fall 2022 semester or after.
- Be a high school graduate.
- Be admitted in an eligible Educator Preparation Program (EPP).
- Be working on your first teacher certification.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
- If you are a dependent student, your parent on your FAFSA must also be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
- Must have earned at least 56 semester credits or 84 term credits.
- Be enrolled at least full-time (or its equivalency if participating through an Alternative Certification Program.)
What is an Educator Preparation Program or EPP?
An Educator Preparation Program is the formal name for an educational program which leads to teacher certification. The Michigan Department of Education authorizes the Educator Preparation Programs. An EPP is more commonly known as the Teacher Education program. Students must be accepted into their Educator Preparation Program before applying for the MI Future Educator Fellowship.
What can I do now to prepare for the application?
Can I receive the MI Future Educator Fellowship if I already have my bachelor's degree?Yes, but only if you have not received an initial teacher certification.
I am planning to complete my Educator Preparation Program in Michigan, but I am not a Michigan resident, am I eligible?
No, you must have been a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
If you are a dependent student, your parent must also be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
If I am already admitted into an Educator Preparation Program, am I eligible for the MI Future Educator Fellowship?