The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MI Future Educator Stipend
The MI Future Educator Stipend is a $9,600 stipend per semester to support Michigan’s hardworking student teachers as they continue their journey to being in the classroom full-time. This is a new program and the application is not open yet. Sign up to be the first to hear when the application becomes available. In the meantime, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
To be eligible, the student must:
- Be admitted in an eligible Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
- Be working towards teacher certification
- Be participating in required student teacher coursework
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Be in an unpaid student teaching position
- Not received the MI Future Educator Stipend before, unless the student’s program specifically requires more than one semester of student teaching.
Up to $9,600 per semester to be paid towards allowable student teaching expenses (tuition, living expenses, childcare, etc.)