The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MI Future Educator Student Teacher Stipend
The MI Future Educator Student Teacher Stipend is a $9,600 stipend per semester to support Michigan’s hardworking student teachers as they continue their journey to being in the classroom full-time.
To be eligible, the student must:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be admitted in an eligible Educator Preparation Program (EPP)
- Be working towards teacher certification
- Be participating in required student teacher coursework
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Be a Michigan resident as defined by the FAFSA
- Be in an unpaid student teaching position
- Not received the MI Future Educator Student Teacher Stipend before, unless the student’s program specifically requires more than one semester of student teaching.
Up to $9,600 per semester to be paid towards allowable student teaching expenses (tuition, living expenses, childcare, etc.)
We’re excited you’re interested in being a Michigan educator. Sign up for updates about the new $10,000 scholarship for Future Michigan Educators and $9,600 student teaching stipend.