- MPSC issues report on the Study of Performance-Based Regulation (PBR)
- MPSC issues report on the Implementation of the Pubic Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 (PURPA)
- RIS for Consumer Standards and Billing Practices for Electric and Natural Gas Service
- The MPSC has an opening for three positions: 1) Gas Safety Engineer (flexible work location); 2) Manager of the Energy Markets Section; and 3) Economic Modeling Specialist. Great benefits, training provided. Postings close 4/22/18, 4/26/18 and 5/6/18.
- MPSC adopts distributed generation billing method
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.