natural gas consumer tips
- MISS DIG 811
Know what's below before you start digging.
- Utility Imposters: Learn How to Spot Utility Imposters
Learn how to protect yourself from utility imposters.
- Kids Can Save Energy Too
Provides ideas on how kids can save energy.
- Portable Generator - Carbon Monoxide Safety
Describes safe use of portable generators.
- Programs and Protections for Senior Citizens
Provides information about programs available to protect and assist seniors (age 65 or older)
- Utility Tips for Renters and Homeowners
Describes what new renters and homeowners should know when starting service with their utility or utilities.
- The Earned Income Credit
Describes eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Earned Income Credit.
- The Home Heating Credit
Describes eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Home Heating Credit.
- Utility Help for Military Families
Provides information on utility shutoff protection for eligible military families.
- Home Heating Help
Advises of programs which help customers avoid winter utility service shutoff.
- Protect Your Privacy And Prevent Utility Service Fraud
Provides information on how to prevent utility service fraud and identifies steps to take if you are a victim.
- Tips For Terminating Or Changing Utility Service
Outlines precautionary steps to take when changing or terminating utility service.
- Utility Bills And Your Credit Report
Describes credit reporting as it applies to utility bills, and provides information and resources available to help maintain good utility credit.
- Appliance Service Plans-Read The Fine Print
Describes the home appliance service plans offered by utility companies, and provides information to consider before purchasing such a plan.
- Natural Gas Choice
Provides helpful information about the Natural Gas Choice Program and what customers should know about switching to an Alternative Natural Gas Supplier.
- The Real Story About Estimated Utility Bills
Provides information on the billing practice of estimated utility bills and discusses customer meter reads.
- The Formal Utility Complaint
Describes how a customer files a utility complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Supplemental Home Heating Sources - Life Saving Tips
Provides information on the safe operation of fireplaces and electric, gas, and kerosene space heaters.
- The Rate Case-How Utility Rates Are Set
Identifies the procedures involved in setting up rates utility companies may charge for their services.
- Utility Meter: Accessibility and Location
Provides information on customer responsibilities regarding meter location, access, and relocation costs.