Energy Customer Information
- Utility Imposters: Learn How to Spot Utility Imposters
Learn how to protect yourself from utility imposters.
- Distributed Generation Program
Net metering is for customers who have renewable electric generators such as wind turbines, solar photovoltaic, and other types of renewable electric generators.
- Energy Waste Reduction for Your Business
Energy waste reduction at your business to lower your utility bills.
- Electric Choice for Residential and Commercial Customers
Provides helpful information on what customers should know about switching to an Alternative Electric Supplier.
- How Does Nonprofit Designation Affect Utility Bills? Discusses the type of organizations that are state sales tax-exempt eligible for utility bills.
- Utility Deposits: What Business Owners Need to Know Provides information on when a deposit may be collected, terms and conditions for new and existing business customers.
- Utility Provider Contracts: What Business Owners Need to Know Discusses the types of contracts business owners may enter into for energy and telecommunications services.
- Electric Outage Service Credits Provides information on electric outage credits that customers may be eligible for due to lengthy or frequent service outages.
- The Rate Case-How Utility Rates Are Set
Identifies the procedures involved in setting up rates utility companies may charge for their services.
- The Real Story About Estimated Utility Bills
Provides information on the billing practice of estimated utility bills and discusses customer meter reads.
- The Formal Utility Complaint
Describes how a customer files a utility complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Utility Meter: Accessibility and Location
Provides information on customer responsibilities regarding meter location, access, and relocation costs.
- Tips For Terminating Or Changing Utility Service
Outlines precautionary steps to take when changing or terminating utility service.
- Natural Gas Choice
Provides helpful information on what customers should know about switching to an Alternative Natural Gas Supplier.
Telecom Customer Information
- Don't Get Stuck With The Bill
Describes "cramming" -- the telephone billing practice of adding charges to customers' bills without their knowledge or consent. Outlines steps consumers can take to avoid cramming.
- Anti-Slamming Rules Protect Consumers
Outlines procedures a telephone company must follow when switching a customer's service from one company to another. Also identifies steps to take if your telephone service is slammed.