How Do I File a Complaint?
Before filing a complaint, please review the following.
- Have 30 days passed since you registered your telephone number on the Do Not Call List?
- Could the company that called you be an exempt entity? Please click here for the complete list of exemptions.
File a Complaint
Do Not Call complaints can be filed with the Federal Trade Commission, the Michigan Attorney General's Office, and the Federal Communications Commission.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
- File a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General's Office.
- File a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission
Laws Regarding Do Not Call Complaints
Under Michigan law, telemarketers who call a Michigan telephone number on the Do Not Call List may be subject to penalty under PA 612 of 2002. The Michigan Attorney General has the authority to enforce the Do Not Call List under PA 613 of 2002. In addition, under federal law, telemarketers who call a telephone number listed on the Registry may be subject to penalty under the Federal Trade Commission's amendment to the Telemarketing Sales Rule as well as the Federal Communications Commission's Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (see Appendix A).