About The MPSC
The mission of the Michigan Public Service Commission is to protect the public by ensuring safe, reliable, and accessible energy and telecommunications services at reasonable rates for Michigan's residents.
- Establish fair and reasonable rates for regulated services and adopt and administer fair terms and conditions of service for Michigan's utility customers consistent with state and federal law and regulations.
- Assure adequate and reliable supplies of regulated services to all Michigan customers, and the safe and efficient production, distribution, and use of the State's energy and telecommunications services.
- Assure the security of Michigan's critical infrastructure by promoting physical and cyber security with regulated utilities.
- Support adoption of advanced technologies like broadband telecommunications, efficient renewable energy resources, and energy waste reduction innovations.
- Provide customers with the opportunity to choose alternative electric, natural gas, and telecommunications providers.
- Provide regulatory oversight in a prudent and efficient manner while implementing legislative and constitutional requirements.
- Maintain open communication to external stakeholders, customers, and the general public.