Do I have to be a caregiver for 2 years before I apply for a license under the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA)?

No. There are no provisions in the MRTMA or the Administrative Rules that require an applicant be a registered caregiver to apply for an adult-use license. Please note that caregivers who have two years’ experience between the years of 2008 – 2017 and qualify for the Social Equity Program may be entitled to a 35% reduction in their application fee, initial licensure fee, and renewal fees. Click here for more information on the MRA’s Social Equity Program.