Did you have to be fully licensed under the Medical Marijuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA) before November 1, 2019 to be eligible to receive an adult-use license?

No. The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) began accepting adult-use applications on November 1, 2019. For the first 24 months after November 1, 2019, an applicant must hold an MMFLA license before the applicant is eligible to be issued the following adult-use licenses:

  • Marijuana Retailer
  • Marijuana Processor
  • Class B Marijuana Grower
  • Class C Marijuana Grower
  • Marijuana Secure Transporter

If an applicant obtains an MMFLA license at any time during the 24 months after the MRA begins accepting adult-use applications, the applicant is eligible to apply for the license types identified above.