The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Renew a Medical License
A medical state operating license is issued for a one-year period from the date of a licensee’s original licensure approval. To continue operating after that one year period, the licensee must apply to renew the state operating license.
Licensees will be sent reminders to renew beginning 120 days before the license is due to expire and will be able to start the renewal process 90 days before license expiration. It is recommended to start the renewal process as soon as possible and allow for a minimum of 30 days processing time to avoid the expiration of the license. Please note medical state operating licensees have a 60-day late renewal period in which they may complete their renewal after license expiration.
The licensee shall pay the renewal fee upon submission of the application for renewal. The licensee will be notified of the renewal fee 90 days before license expiration. The renewal fee varies by license type. For a full list of renewal fees, please refer to the Regulatory Assessment Fees link below.
Regulatory Assessment Fees FY2022
Medical Marijuana State Operating License Renewal Checklist
Attestation I - Renewal
Attestation J - Renewal
Attestation K - Renewal
Attestation L - Renewal
If the medical state operating license will not be renewed, the following items MUST be completed prior to closing the state operating license :
- All inventory must have testing statuses completed and results entered in Metrc
- All Inventory must be transferred or destroyed and recorded in Metrc in accordance with the administrative rules
- Ensure there are no outstanding manifests with product set for delivery to the license
- All sales receipts must be finalized, and final adjustments made
- Run all sales/transfer reports in Metrc; export and save the information because it will not be available to the licensee once the license is inactive in Metrc
- Export any other significant license data from Metrc; save this information because it will not be available to the licensee once the license is inactive in Metrc
If, after license expiration, marijuana remains at the previously licensed location, the former licensee may be subject to a criminal investigation by law
Once the above items have been completed, the following form can be filled out and submitted to CRA-MMFLRenewals@michigan.gov.