Certified Local Government Program
- About the Certified Local Government Program
The Certified Local Government (CLG) Program is a preservation partnership between local, state and national governments focused on promoting historic preservation at the grass roots level.
- Certified Local Government Communities in Michigan
As of January 2016, thirty Michigan local governments have become CLGs. Here is a list of those communities.
- Benefits, Obligations, and Requirements of the Certified Local Government Program
Any municipality can become a CLG: a county, a township, a large city or small village, or a town. Learn what is required of CLG communities and how they benefit by the CLG program.
- Certified Local Government Program Certification Manual
This is the manual that explains how to become a Certified Local Government.
- What types of projects can be funded?
Here are the types of projects we fund through the CLG grant program.
- Who Can Apply for a Certified Local Government Grant?
This program is only available to Certified Local Governments. Find out more.
- Certified Local Government Grant Application Submissions
How and what to submit when applying for a Certified Local Government grant.
- January 2018 CLG Program Grant Announcement Letter
A special announcement letter regarding Fiscal Year 2018 CLG grant opportunities. This letter includes important information about this year's grant program, including changes to the program, and application deadlines.
- 2018 Certified Local Government Grant Manual for Education, Identification, Registration, and Planning
This is the manual you will need to apply for a CLG grant that does not propose to rehabilitate a building, site, or structure. Use this manual if, for example, you are applying for a grant to complete a National Register of Historic Places nomination.
- 2018 Certified Local Government Grant Manual for Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Planning Projects
This is the manual you will need to apply for a CLG grant that propose to rehabilitate a historic building, site, or structure. You should also use this manual if you are proposing to developing plans and specifications for a rehabilitation project.
- Previously awarded Certified Local Government Grants (2003-present)
Information about projects that have been funded through the CLG grant program
- Contact Certified Local Government Staff
How to contact us when you have questions about the CLG program.