- Schedule a Research Appointment
How and when to schedule a research appointment at the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Introduction to Environmental Review/Section 106
An introduction to Section 106 and the environment review process.
- A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review
A publication produced by the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation that explains the Section 106 process.
- Working with Section 106
Numerous documents created by the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation that provide guidance and explanation for those involved with Section 106.
- A Look at Section 106 Review
Section 106 Review and the compliance process
- Section 106, Step by Step
Understanding Section 106 in five easy steps.
- Section 106 Review Process
A downloadable and printable chart that illustrates the steps through Section 106 review.
- Instructions for Application for Section 106 Review
- Section 106 Application
The application for Section 106 review for the State of Michigan.
- "EZ106: Separating the Monkey from the Wrench"
A downloadable and printable guide to the Section 106 process in Michigan.
- Streetscape Guidance for Historic Districts
Guidance developed by MISHPO and MDOT to help communities and federal agencies implement streetscape design in historic districts.
- Michigan Tribal Historic Preservation Officers and Tribal Cultural Representatives
Tribal Historic Preservation Officers and Tribal Cultural Representatives for Michigan's twelve federally-recognized tribes.
- Section 106 Case Studies Guidance
Guidance on how to respond to an Adverse Effect finding
- Contact Environmental Review/Section 106 Staff
How to contact us when you have questions about Section 106.
Michigan State Housing Development Authority